Joy Ride Transport, LLC
Joy Ride Transport provides professional and personalized non-emergency medical transport for the elderly and disabled in the Greater Des Moines metro and surrounding communities.
Title: Wheelchair Van Driver
Where: Des Moines
Days: Part-Time (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)
Start and End times are slightly variable, but typically range between 6:30am-8:30am(start) and 4:30-6:30pm(end).
Compensation: $16 Hour (This hourly rate is non-negotiable, so please do not apply if you are seeking a higher pay rate)
Responsibilities: The Wheelchair Van Driver provides compassionate, professional and safety-minded non-emergency transportation for the elderly, disabled and temporarily injured individuals. The successful candidate will operate an assigned vehicle to destinations according to the provided daily schedule. They will communicate regularly by cell phone with scheduler to stay updated on changes in schedule. As essential personnel, the Van Driver must be available to work some holidays and throughout all weather conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While the list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Joy Ride Transport reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional of different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or developments that cannot be anticipated).
– Adhering to rules and regulations pertaining to the safety of transporting passengers
– Maintaining a clean vehicle interior
– Checking the condition of assigned vehicle and reporting needed adjustments or repairs
– Maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, facility & hospital staff, medical personnel and citizens
– Maintaining required reports
– Maintaining professional appearance
– Following guidelines and using judgment centered on safety in all actions
– Handling emergency situations and equipment safely and effectively.
– Ability to follow direction.
– Must have (or get) a current class D chauffeur’s license.
– Ability to pass mandatory drug testing and extensive background checks
– Must be proficient in English
– Must present an acceptable driving record to meet insurance standards
– Must be physically able to perform job duties
– Must be compassionate, reliable, and thoughtful
– Must be at least 25 years old